This summer Merityre Specialists are offering a FREE 8 point safety check to help you prepare your vehicle for any summer journeys.
The summer holidays are a perfect opportunity to get away for a few days and many families will hit the road for a summer break, but before you do, it is important to check key elements of your vehicle to ensure you stay safe while travelling.
Visit Merityre Specialists before you set off to take advantage of our FREE 8 point safety check for peace of mind that your car can cope with the journey ahead. Our specialists will carry out the following inspections to your vehicle:
- Brakes – We will check that your brakes are in full working order and won’t let you down on the road.
- Battery – Car batteries have a lifespan of about 4 years, if your battery has reached this point a check could help you avoid a breakdown on the road as hot weather can put additional strain on it.
- Exhaust – Our specialists will take a look at your exhaust and ensure that your emission levels are safe.
- Wheel Alignment – To ensure that you are not suffering from misaligned wheels and wasting fuel unnecessarily, our specialists will run a 4 point wheel alignment check.
- Tyre Tread – We will make sure that your tyre tread depth meets the minimum legal requirement of 1.6mm.
- Tyre Pressure – Our specialists will ensure that your tyres are correctly inflated. Make sure that you inform our staff if you are about to travel with a different load to usual and they will adjust your tyre pressures accordingly.
- TPMS – If your vehicle is fitted with a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, we will inspect it to make sure that it is working effectively.
- Screen Wash Top-Up – Your visibility is crucial when driving so we will top-up your screen wash to help keep your vision clear this summer.
Our FREE 8 point summer safety check is available at all Merityre Specialists branches with no booking required! Simply pay us a visit and enquire about our free summer checks.